It's FRIDAY!!! That means we get to walk through another room together and look for ways to save! If you missed last weeks room go HERE. Today we'll take a look at the.....
- If possible, install Energy Star toilets to save on water usage.
- Only flush the toilet when necessary. For example: My husband blows his nose a lot and instead of throwing the tissue in the trash he always flushes them!
- Save on water by turning it off while brushing teeth.
- Try to cut down on appliance usage such as blow dryers, curling irons, etc. I'm not a scientist by all means, but I do remember in one of my Physics class we did a study on blow dryers and quickly found out that they use a ton of energy to run. Is is possible that you could air dry your hair? Or maybe your kids could air dry their hair? I know...hair is a touchy subject! :)
- Use less toilet paper.
- Use less soap...especially hand soap and body soap.
- Make your own foaming hand soap.
- Take shorter showers. If this is hard for you, purchase a shower timer and help!
- Use cooler water to shower in. It's actually healthier for you skin too!
- Use a low-flowing shower head and turn off any supplemental shower heads in each shower stall.
- Fix dripping faucets fast! If you can't get to it soon, then put a bucket under the faucet to catch the water and recycle it by watering your plants or flowers until you're able to fix the problem.
- Have proper ventilation in the bathroom to prevent future problems such as mold and mildew which can lead to structural issues with your home and can also cause health problems...which cost you more money!
- Use bath towels more than once before you launder them.
I would LOVE to hear your feedback! What do you do to save money in the bathroom? Any tips out there?