Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breakfast Casserole


Last night I made Pancakes and Breakfast Casserole for dinner.  I LOVE having breakfast for dinner as it's filling and, well, it just tastes so good!

I got my recipe for Breakfast Casserole from a church friend of mine...Linda...and have made it SEVERAL times since she so kindly shared the recipe.  I love that it's versatile too!

Breakfast Casserole:

28 oz. bag hashbrowns ( I always dice up potatoes that I have on hand instead)
Chopped green bell pepper and onion to taste (I use different colors of peppers too..there's a yellow one in the picture)
1 C. diced ham or bacon (I was out of both, but had a jar of "real" bacon bits so I used those)
8 oz. grated/shredded cheddar cheese
10-12 eggs
3/4 C. milk

Whisk eggs and milk together.  Season w/pepper to taste.

Spray bottom of 9X13 pan
Layer ingredients in pan in this order:
Potatoes, peppers, onions, meat, cheese
Pour egg mixture over everything

Cook about 1 hour at 325 degrees or until done.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment