I'm excited to announce that I have a blog series to introduce today.....
Savings By The Room!
In this series we'll walk through every room in the house and look at ways that we can save and conserve! I would LOVE to have your suggestions as we walk through these rooms together so please feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
The first room we'll visit is the...
- Wash laundry in cold water unless warmer water is necessary
- Wash larger loads instead of several smaller loads
- Use half of the recommended amount of laundry detergent or dilute your detergent with water
- Hang your clothes outside to dry or inside on a drying rack
- Wear certain items of your clothing more than once if they're not soiled
- Use coupons to to maximize your savings on laurndry soap, fabric softener, etc.
- Treat stains quickly
- Buy Energy Star rated appliances
- Dry loads back to back to keep the dryer from having to heat up again
- Clean the lint trap before ever load of laundry so that the dryer works more efficiently
- Run the washing machine and dryer during off-peak hours. This is usually at night time or early morning in most cities.
Join me every Thursday as we learn new ways to save in a different room of the house!
Do you have any other ideas on how to save money in the Laundry Room? Leave your suggestions/comments below!