Thursday, May 26, 2011

Macaroni Salad w/ Tomatoes and Bacon


(click on photo to enlarge)

I grew up on this pasta dish.  It's one of my favorites that my Nanny (Grandma) used to make in the summer time.  I love that it only requires 4 ingredients too!  It's a great side dish to take to a picnic as well.  I like this served cold, but you can also serve this warm.

Macaroni Salad w/ Tomatoes and Bacon

2 C. uncooked macaroni pasta
1 can diced tomatoes (or 2-3 fresh tomatoes diced)
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. crumbled bacon

Cook pasta according to directions and drain.  
Put drained pasta in a large bowl
Add tomatoes (do not drain), sugar and bacon
Mix everything together
Chill or serve warm
(Some of my family members add tomato sauce to this too)

On a side note:  Do you see the green plants growing in my garden?  I'm so excited to have fresh tomatoes and peppers again I can hardly stand it!  I absolutely LOVE fried green tomatoes!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment