Friday, May 20, 2011

Celebrating National Eosinophil Awareness Week


If you've been reading this blog for any amount of time you probably know that I have an extremely rare blood disorder called Hypereosinophilic Syndrome (HES).  This is the 6th day of National Eosinophil Awareness Week so I thought I'd better put something on the blog about it before the week is over!  

It's such a rare disease that there is no event scheduled for my area (like a Relay for Life, etc.) so this is my way of raising awareness.  One in around 150,000-200,000 people have HES.  There are other eosinophilic disorders as well, but HES is more rare than those!  Maybe next year I'll plan a fundraising event...just not sure if I want to take that on by myself!  

You can read my story HERE as well as find some great informative links!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment