Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Keeping track of what I spend, save and profit!

Since we're starting a new year I've decided to keep better track of what I spend, save and profit with my couponing adventures.  I know many do this, but it hasn't been something that I haven't been the greatest at.  Organization really isn't my forte`, but I'm hoping that 2011 proves me to be better at it!

So here's the run down of this past weekends savings:

Walgreens:
Retail price of products purchased = $17.45
Total of coupons used = $11.25
Total I paid = $5.80 (and this was paid with a gift card my mom got me for Christmas!)
I received $7.50 in RR's (Register Rewards) to spend next time I shop!
I profited $1.70 after RR's.

CVS:
I did two separate transactions

1.  Retail price of products was $10.00
     minus $10.00 in coupons ($4 of that was ECB's the rest was Manuf. coupons)
     Total out of pocket was $0.00 !!!!!!  Yes, you read that right!
     I got back $4.00 in ECB's
     I profited $4.00 after ECB's

2.  Retail price of products was $16.30
     minus $11.16 in coupons ($4 of that was ECB's from the first transaction)
     Total out of pocket was $5.15
     I got back $4.00 ECB to use next time I shop!

All in all between Walgreens and CVS I got $43.75 worth of products for $10.95 out of pocket.  Plus, I receive a total of $11.50 in ECB's/RR's to use next time I shop!

I'm also looking forward to a future trip to CVS to get 5 bottles of Wisk laundry detergent for only $11 out of pocket and walking away with $10 in ECB's for next time.  Stay tuned and I'll share that adventure and show pics once it's done!  (I'll share how to do this in my upcoming coupon class as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment