Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday's Savings--CVS and Wags

Yesterday I did my CVS and Walgreen's shopping.  My new goal for the year is to keep better track of what I'm spending, saving and profiting from these stores this year.  I hope to post the total of everything at the end of each month! Here's what I did yesterday:

Walgreens:  This scenario is a great example of how to use Register Rewards' (RR's) to purchase things that we want or need such as milk for free or very little out of pocket.

Purchased:
1 gallon 2 % milk
1 1/2 gallon chocolate milk
2 2 liters of Pepsi
Total = $8.68

Used:
1 $5.00 RR from a previous shopping trip
1 BOGO coupon for milk (Buy one gallon milk get one 1/2 gallon choc. milk free)

Paid : $0.89 cents

CVS 1st transaction:


4 boxes Special K cereal
Total = $13.34

Used:
2 BOGO coupons

Paid: $6.68
Received $4.00 Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) for buying 3/$10 Kellogg's cereal

CVS 2nd transaction:


5 bottles Wisk laundry detergent on sale 2/$10 (I had a rain check from the previous week)
Total = $25.00

Used:
5 $2.00 coupons
1 $4.00 ECB (from transaction #1)

Paid:
$11.00
Received $10.00 ECB for buying $25 worth of Wisk products

Now I have $10 in ECB's to "roll" next time and enough laundry detergent to last me for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment