Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pie Crust Recipes

Last night I was at a jewelry party and somehow a conversation about pie crust recipes came up.  I had such a good time last night visiting with a group of ladies that I didn't even know!  Somehow we all connected really well and it was a great time.  Anyway, my mother-in-law was with me and I promised that I'd put her pie crust recipe on my blog today to share with the ladies that wanted it.

Marilyn's No Roll-out Pie Crust: (she stressed to me that she didn't create this recipe herself, but found it on a bag of flour several years ago!)

1 1/2 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. milk
1/2 C. Veg. oil (can use any oil except olive oil)

Put all of this in a 9" pie plate in the order listed.  Do NOT put in a bowl.  Stir with a fork.  It will be a very oily mix.  Using your hands, smooth the crust around the pie plate bottom and up the sides.  Turn the edges.

For cream pies: fork the bottom and bake @ 350 degrees for 10 min. or until browned.
For Pumpkin or fruit pies:  Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour or until it is done.

You can do a crumb topping on the fruit pies or make a roll out crust for the top!

This is very good and easy!


Rosemary's Pie Crust:


Pie Crust  (for 1 Crust):   I usually use a 9" pie plate for this.

1 C. All purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 C. plus 1 Tbsp. veg. shortening
2 Tbsp. water

Cut in all ingredients using a pastry cutter until it's all crumbly.  Form into a ball and roll out to desired consistency.
Place in desired baking dish, make pretty by form a nice fluted edge.

               

               
                

No comments:

Post a Comment