Monday, April 4, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie & Pie Crust Recipe


 A few days ago I made a homemade Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie.  I found the recipe for it on allrecipes.com while searching for something to do with the shredded cooked chicken that I had froze several weeks ago.  I had to take a picture, mainly, because the crust turned out fabulous!  My dad happened to be over and thought I should post the picture on my blog.  :)
The crust recipe is my grandma's recipe.  You can use it for a meat pie, such as this, or for any pie crust recipe.  It's not a family secret so I thought I'd share it with you today!  I'll be baking a couple other things using the same pie crust later this week.  I'll be sure to take pics and share them at a later date!

8 or 9 inch Pie Crust:
This recipe makes 2 crusts for top and bottom.  You can divide in half if you only need one crust.

1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 C. shortening
1/4 C. cold water

Use a pastry blender to "cut" in all ingredients until the texture is like pea-sized lumps of dough.
On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a ball.  Flatten out with hands and proceed to roll out with a rolling pin adding a little flour as needed to prevent sticking.
Roll out to desired size.  Bake per recipe instructions.






No comments:

Post a Comment