Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Today I am participating in Menu Planning Monday at orgjunkie.com.  



Now that summer is in full swing I'm finding that I need to be more deliberate about my menu planning.  Both boys are in sports this summer sometimes having games or practices in the evenings.  It's these times that can really wreck havoc on the budget by sending us straight to the drive-thru!  I don't want that for my family as our budget is pretty tight right now and those extra bucks are designated to go other places.  I've learned that if I start cooking dinner a littler earlier than I normally would that we all have a chance to eat and not be in such a rush once the game time rolls around!  Here's what's on the menu this week:


Monday:
Cincinnati Chili w/all the fixings
Steamed broccoli and carrots
Homemade cinnamon rolls

Tuesday:
Tater tot casserole
green beans
Homemade dinner rolls

Wednesday:
Homemade pizza
Corn on the cob
Salad w/homemade croutons (recipe to come later)

Thursday:
Chicken & Dumplings (recipe to come later)
Salad

Friday:
Homemade Pancakes (recipe to come later)
Breakfast Casserole

Saturday:
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Cornbread
Salad


I also plan on doing some freezer cooking.  Hopefully I'll get some cookies and muffins made later this week. If so, I'll post some pics of what I decided to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment