Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chili Corn Dog Surprise!

Earlier this week I went to Dillon's and bought 20 cans of Wolf Chili for only $5.00!  There happened to be blinkie coupons right by the chili and it's on sale for .75/can right now.  With the coupon I paid .25 per can!

So, what I'm I going to do with all this chili? Donate it to someone that might need it and... Make Chili Corn Dog Surprise, of course!
My kids LOVE this stuff!  Here's the recipe:

Chili Corn Dog Surprise (My kids named it this)
2 cans chili
8 hotdogs
1-2 pkgs corn bread mix

Spread chili into an 8X10 or 9X13 casserole dish
Place hotdogs in dish length wise
Mix cornbread and spread on top
Bake according to the cornbread directions.
Serve with a veggie and salad!

What did I pay for this meal?
The cornbread was FREE
The chili was .50 cents
Hotdogs were FREE (sale from this past summer...froze them!)
Frozen Green Giants veggies were FREE
Salad was .99 cents on mark down.  Added some croutons (homemade) and salad dressing (just pennies)
Total was around .50 cents plus tax to feed all 5 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment