Monday, December 27, 2010

Homemade Bisquick Mix

I never actually buy Bisquick from the store.  I've found that I like my homemade version much better.  Do any of you use Bisquick (or another baking mix) regularly?  What do you make with it?
I don't use it often, but I do have a few recipes that the boys like that call for it.  HERE is a list of recipes from Cooks.com that call for Bisquick.  You can use this homemade mix as a substitute for any of these recipes.

Homemade Bisquick Mix


5 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4 Cup Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Cup butter, margarine or shortening



  1. Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
  2. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks or in the freezer for longer storage.  If you use shortening it doesn't need to be refrigerated.
Makes approx: 6 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment