Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday's Word--Love Thy Neighbor

Matthew 22:37-40  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. 


Love Thy Neighbor....sometimes easier said than done.  So, who is my neighbor?  Is it literally the person that lives next door to you or does it include others?  The story of the Good Samaritan showed us that it definitely includes others...even those people outside of our comfort zone.
So, how are you doing?  Are you loving your neighbor?
I've been challenged this week.  On the one hand I have a "neighbor" that showed me the warmest generosity this week.  On the other hand I have a "neighbor" that I feel betrayed by this week.
What to do?
I could choose to be angry and upset with the "neighbor" that has hurt me, or I can choose to look at this person through the eyes of Jesus.
In the Message paraphrase of the Bible, John 1:14 is expressed as follows:


    The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.


What would He do?
He would give His life for them....just as He did for me.
Should I do any less?

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment