Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday's Savings....Shopping Break Challenge

Today marks the end of my 2-week Shopping Break Challenge.  I was able to make most of our dinners from things that we already had on hand in our stockpile.
We did go to the store two times spending $20.16 the first time and $30.00 the next time.  We were snowed in most of the time so I sent my husband to the store for me both times.  For those of you that know my husband you know how much he likes goodies!  He got some necessities like milk, eggs, cheese, bananas too, but went a bit overboard on the snacks.  :)
Still, I think we did pretty good.  We saved roughly $70 by eating from the pantry the last 2 weeks.
I do have ECB's from CVS that expire tomorrow, so today will be spent planning my CVS trip for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment