Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stretching the buck on laundry detergent



The last few weeks around here have been crazy! With Vacation Bible School and the boys at camps and mission trips along with Emalee's Korea camp coming up my laundry pile has been steadily growing.  I've spent some time today trying to catch up on the never ending pile and thought I'd share my most favorite way to save money on laundry detergent.  I love making my dollars stretch!

I've read several different ideas about saving money on laundry and even wrote a savings post about it.  This tip is included in that post, but I thought I'd suggest it again....

Dilute your detergent half and half with water.  This is for liquid laundry detergent.  To do this just save your last empty container.  Empty half of the detergent from your new container into the empty container.  Fill both containers the rest of the way with water.  Now you have 2 bottles of laundry detergent rather than just one!

I've done this for several weeks now and haven't noticed a difference in the cleanliness of my clothing.  My boys are hard on their clothing too!  They mow lawns, have football practice and play outside all of the time!  Trust me when I say that this works!  If you don't believe me just give it a try and at least see if it works for you.  You never know unless you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment