Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Carpe diem.....Seize the Day!

                               


Carpe diem is a phrase from a Latin poem by Horace (see "Source" section below) that has become an aphorism. It is popularly translated as "seize the day". Carpe literally means "to pick, pluck, pluck off, cull, crop, gather", but Ovid used the word in the sense of, "To enjoy, seize, use, make use of".[1]      
(Taken from Widipedia)


I'm going to go with Ovid's interpretation as I have much to do today!  Forgive me for the lack of posts as I am taking care of some much needed housework around here today.  On top of the housework I have some paper work that the IRS is needing from us concerning the adoption of our daughter.  I'll be spending some time gathering that information as well.
Hopefully, I can get everything done and return tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment