Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kroger...Nationwide change in coupon policy

I find it interesting that this just came out since we had a discussion at last nights class about ethical couponing.  As I taught last night, and as many of you know, the goal of the manufacturer was NEVER to allow 2 manufacturer coupons to be used on 1 product.  Unfortunately, the computer systems weren't set up (and quite frankly, I think this was an unforeseen isssue) to tell the different between an eCoupon and a paper manufacturer coupon.  Therefore the computer systems were allowing BOTH an eCoupon and a paper manufacturer coupon at the same time.
I've gone over and over this in my classes and predicted that one day it would happen and here it is...

Kroger (and I'm assuming their affiliate stores such as Dillon's) will NO LONGER accept an eCoupon and a Manufacturer coupon to be used at the same time on a product.  The computer system is now set up to reject a paper coupon if it detects that an eCoupon is also used.  Read the complete policy change HERE.


On another note, I'm sad to announce that Kroger's located in Houston, TX. will NO LONGER double or triple coupons.  It's a very sad day for our coupon friends there.  My fear is that this could trickle down the line and possibly be headed our way.  PLEASE..if you're serious about coupons email Kroger and let them know your opinion on this matter.  I personally believe it's a HUGE mistake and will bite them in the end!  They've already shut down comment on their Facebook wall so that has to be a good sign that our voices are being heard.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment