Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for Forgiveness


Photo Credit




I had a hard time sleeping last night.  I tossed and turned for what felt like hours!  In reality it was about 2 hours and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't go back to sleep.  My back was aching so I blamed the lack of sleep on the pain.  I contemplated getting up and taking a pain pill, but I had an empty stomach and didn't want medicine on it causing further discomfort.  So...I tossed and turned and tossed and turned some more.

Usually when I wake up in the middle of the night the Lord starts bringing prayer requests to my mind and I start praying for specific people that I know are needing His touch.  I did that last night, but after I was done praying I still didn't feel like I was at rest.  I hate to admit it, but I'm so stubborn sometimes.  I'm sure that's no surprise to some of you reading this! ;)  It's one of those sins that God keeps chiseling away at in me bit by bit. 

Eventually, I heard the sound of the chisel again!  He started revealing to me some things (sin) that needed to be dealt with.  I must admit that when this happens I don't always like it.  I mean, who likes to admit their guilt?  But, after the trespasses were revealed, confessed and forgiven I find myself thankful this morning. 


  • Thankful that I have a God who, by His grace, has redeemed me from my sin.  
  • Thankful that I have a God who loves me enough to say, "Hey, Heather...there's some sin over here in your life.  Let me show it to you so you don't have to carry it anymore.  Give it to me.  I'll take it from here on."
  • Thankful for a God that loves me just as I am, but loves me enough to keep growing me and pushing me to be more like Him.  

My sweet 5 year old, Emalee, woke up this morning and came to my bed.  The first words out of her mouth were, "What are you thankful for, Mama?"  I said, "You, Emalee, I'm thankful for you."  Not long after those words left my mouth the Holy Spirit whispered to me...."That's exactly how I feel about you, Heather."   

What a way to start this week of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment