Monday, November 7, 2011

My first piece of glazed furniture that I did all by myself!




Last week I took a couple days and managed to paint and glaze a little end table.  I'm fairly pleased with the outcome of the project.  My goal is to paint a large jelly cabinet that I have, but I didn't want to take on a large project quite yet, so I decided to do a trial on the little table.  I love the outcome and plan on doing the cabinet in the future...when I have a warm day outside to work on it!  Oh, and this product confirmed my love for spray paint!  :)


This is the finished product!  Couldn't find glaze at Walmart, but found various types at Lowe's.  

Started with a table we got as newlyweds 17 1/2 years ago.   I almost forgot to take a "before" photo so I snapped this one in the middle of priming it.

Primed with spray Kilz

Completely painted.  Now ready to be antiqued. (Finished piece is the top photo on the blog)
Used Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment