Tuesday, August 23, 2011

True Moment Tuesday's...

The cells that wreck havoc on my body!  

This has been a rough week for me.  I don't like rough weeks, but unfortunately, due to my disorder, they can't be avoided all of the time.  Right now it's almost 10 a.m. and I'm still tired and could sleep more.  Why?  Because I'm horribly anemic at the moment.  My chemotherapy is showing its ugly head again.  Sometimes I think it's out to get me!  The very thing that I'm taking to help my body is also it's worst enemy in some ways.  Isn't that ironic?

I don't want to bore you with too much medical terminology, but in simple terms here's what's going on.  I'm taking the chemo so that it will lower my white blood count (that's where my disorder is).  In return the chemo is lowering my white AND my red blood counts.  Chemo can't differentiate between the two blood cells yet.  It will be a remarkable discovery if scientists figure out how to make that happen!

Anyway, my red count is super low right now which has caused my anemia.  It's been hard for me to function this week.  I've been tired and very sleepy.  I've had an on-going headache for a few weeks (due to lack of oxygen to the brain), my heart has been racing, etc.  This is all caused by the lack of red blood cells circulating in the body.

So, if you've been wondering why in the world my posts have slowed down over the last several days...now you know!  I'm trying to be very wise with my time and energy right now.  Most of that is focused on my 3 kids and taking care of them and things around the house that need done.  All 3 kids will start school this week so hopefully I'll be able to get some more rest during that time.  I'll also be going to the doctor again next week and I'm sure that we'll be making some decisions then on what course of action to take.  Until then, I'll still be around....just not like I used to be until I feel better again.  Thanks for being patient with me during this time.
~Heather


True Moment Tuesday's (TMT's) are a new feature here on Spot My Eye Savings.  Go here to see what TMT's are all about!



No comments:

Post a Comment