Friday, September 2, 2011

What I've been up to this week...


This week was the first week that ALL 3 kids had school and I had some free time without them.  Emalee is in preschool 4 half-days per week which really gives me some time to get some of those fun projects done w/o her "helping" me.  I don't mind having a helper sometimes, but I get so much more done w/o my little helper if you get my drift!  ; )

The photo above is of a basket that I spray painted glossy white.  It was a horrible, awful, dark brown color, but I really like the shape of the basket.  For the life of me I can't remember where I got it!  Anyway, I spray painted the basket, let it dry, painted it again, let it dry..etc....until I got every nook and cranny covered.  I had some yellow & orange floral fabric that I found on clearance at Walmart that I made a liner with.  Next, I added some yellow ribbon for a bit extra pizazz!  I plan on using this basket as a center-piece on my new kitchen table and maybe fill it with fruit!
The other craft project I completed this week was my "Faith" wall hanging.  It was brown when I received it from a friend a couple years ago.  I painted it red then.  This week I added the colorful polka dots.  I think it spiced it up a little bit and will hopefully coordinate with some of the new changes I'm making to my kitchen.  I feel like it's still missing something, but I don't know what.  Any suggestions?  I'm really not that artistic so I'm impressed with myself this week!
Next week I might paint a cabinet that I have in my living room.  I'd like to distress it, but I don't know how so I need to read up on the "how to's" before I proceed.  I also have plans on sewing a purse!
Are you doing any crafts lately?  What are you making?  Leave me a comment and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment