Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Emalee's 5th Gotcha Day!




5th Gotcha Day  3/27/12
Boy does time fly!  I knew this day was approaching, but all of the sudden it's here...Emalee's 5th Gotcha Day!  I've posted photo's of all her Gotcha Day's so far except her fourth one.  She was sick last year on that day.  I did snap a photo of her a few days later, but can't seem to find it right now.  I'll post it later!  Interestingly enough, she's sick this year too, but I at least got her to pose for a photo.  She even let me do her hair before taking it!  :)

I was reminded today how thankful we are for the opportunity to "live life" with our children today.  Each day is precious and should not be taken for granted.  For some reason the Lord saw fit to give us fragile pregnancies.  I miscarried our first baby at 12 weeks.  I went into labor with David at 24 weeks gestation, remained on bed rest with him until he was born at 37 1/2 weeks.  Jacob was almost the same story, except bed rest started at 30 weeks and he was born at 32 weeks.  Both boys were NICU babies.  Emalee's paper pregnancy was supposed to last 6-10 months and instead took 2 1/2 years!
Those days were hard, but I wouldn't trade them for the world!  The days of worrying and waiting led me to more praying and relying on the Lord to take care of and hold my babies when I couldn't.

I just want to say again how grateful I am for the brave woman that made a decision to not only carry Emalee, but chose adoption!  She is held high in my heart, she is one of my hero's.  I pray for you and only hope that one day you'll get to meet and hold the little girl we both call "daughter."  Thank you for the sacrifice you made so that I could be her Mommy.











1 comment:

  1. It's been way to long since I've hopped over to youyr blog for a peek! Glad I was able to see these pics again though! I am so thankful for Emalee's birth mom and pray for her often! It was good to see these pics again today! Love you all!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete