Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shopping Break Challenge...

I loaded up the family today and headed to Dillon's and Price Cutter. (Now I remember why I like to shop alone!)  We got several items again.  I love Mega Events at Dillon's.  Price Cutter had sugar and Peanut Butter for $1.00 so we got that and a few other items.  I didn't take a picture this round as my hubby thinks I'm a bit nuts doing that! :)  I was nice and spared him the agony of watching me place all of our loot on the kitchen table! LOL!
I will, however, list what we got in another post so you can read it if you're interested.

There comes a time in the life of every couponer when they have to take a break from coupon shopping...this is my time!  I'm stocked up on almost everything that I can think of except meat.  Isn't this the point of stocking up on items anyway???  For you "newbies" that think I shop all the time, I just want you to know that I don't and that it's okay to take a break.  It prevents burn-out, but it's also wise to actually use the stockpile that you accumulate!  What's the point in having a stockpile if we don't use it?  Oh, and it helps the budget as you save money by not SHOPPING and gets my creative juices flowing as I'm sometimes forced to think of different dishes to make!

I'm challenging myself to stay away from the grocery stores for at least 2 weeks other than for the necessities that we need such as milk, eggs, bread, fresh produce and some meat.  (I really, really long for a good meat sale!)  I'm making my menu's according to what I already have in my stockpile and I'll share them with you Monday!  I'll also share what I do purchase in that time just so that I keep myself in check!

So, anybody want to join me in my challenge?  Let me know by leaving a comment so we can cheer each other on!

No comments:

Post a Comment