Monday, October 31, 2011

"To-Do" Lists


Photo Credit


Every night before I go to bed I get out a pen and scrap piece of paper and write a "to-do" list for things I need/want to accomplish the following day.  Sometimes all the things I need to get done get overwhelming for me to think about unless I actually write them down and check them off as they get done.  I know this isn't a new idea, but it sure does help me to stay on task and I feel very accomplished once the list is done.  I'll be crossing this list off as I go today!

Here's today's "To-Do" list:


  • Get up, showered, dressed (yes, I write the simple things down...It give me something to check off!  ;)
  • Eat breakfast
  • Brush teeth 
  • Make sure kids are fed and off to school (David and Jacob)
  • Set out bread starter (for a weekly bread that I'm making now thanks to my cousin, Michelle!)
  • Take Emalee to school
  • Prepare food and start crock pot for dinner (realized that we're eating at church tonight so I don't have to do this! One step ahead for tomorrow!)
  • Start load of laundry
  • Bible Study/Time with God
  • Blogging
  • Give table a second and third coat of paint (I started this last night)
  • Go to doctor appointment (Hubby is picking Emalee up from preschool, feeding her lunch and putting her down for a nap)
  • Run to the store on the way home and pick up some flour for my bread and cookies.
  • Put laundry in dryer and fold when done
  • Make cookies for our church Block party (cake walk)
  • Apply antique glaze onto painted table
  • Eat lunch
  • Write card to a friend (If I don't write things like this down they never get done)
  • Blogging
  • Pick Jacob up from Choir practice
  • Eat dinner (at church tonight)
  • Get everyone ready for the church Block Party and GO! (costumes on)
  • Trick or Treat around the neighborhood after our Block Party
  • All kids bathed and in bed (really, the older 2 take care of themselves...they just have to be reminded.  Yes, they have to be reminded to take a shower!  LOL!  After all...they're teenage boys!  LOL!
  • Mix bread dough and let rise over night
  • Write down menu plan for the rest of the week and tomorrow's "To-Do" list
  • Clean up house to get ready for tomorrow's company!
So there you have it!  The day in they life of me!  Do you write lists like this too?  The older I get I'm becoming more dependent on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment