Monday, September 12, 2011

Fun projects...

click to enlarge photo

Last week was fun as I started working on a few new projects around the house.  The shelf in the picture above is on one of my kitchen walls.  I couldn't find my "before" photo anywhere!  If I find it I'll post it at another time.  
I got the milk glass dish from my mother-in-law several years ago.  The yellow crocheted piece is something she made as a child that I though added some color.  I bought the blue sugar bowl and both yellow plates at a local flea market for under $3.  I made the stuffed owl for a splash of fun!  It was fun to make too! :)  Next, I printed off a picture that I found on the web and put it in a 5x7 frame that I painted white!  It was a fun project and kind of shows the colors and quirky fun that I'm wanting to add to my kitchen!
You can find directions on how to make the owl right here and you can find the cupcake picture right over here.


BEFORE

Next on my "to-do" list was a bit of a laundry room makeover.  You see, I live in one of those houses where the kitchen and garage are separated by a very tiny laundry room.  My washer is on the right side of the door and my dryer is on the other side.  There's not much room and there's no door to close to block the view either!  By the way, it's not every day that I show the messy parts of my house to the world!
We've been wanting to put cabinets above the washer and dryer, but that isn't in our budgeting plans yet, so I came up with an idea to hide the clutter that's on the shelves above the washing machine.  I got a spring-rod and made myself a curtain!  Not to shabby since it literally has been YEARS since I'd sewn anything!  They're just a little bit uneven.  I could fix it, but don't want to right now!  LOL!  I'm just happy to have everything all covered up!

AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment