Monday, August 15, 2011

Taco Salad Recipe


Every year in September my church has a picnic at the park.  Everyone brings a dish or two (potluck style) and we have great time visiting each other, playing games and pulling pranks on the Pastor, Elders and Deacons!  I've noticed that one dish pops up every year that I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....Taco Salad!  I think I know who brings this dish every year, but forget to ask her.  Anyway, I decided to try to make it myself and this is what I came up with.  All five of us are very pleased with this recipe.  I hope you like it too!


Brown 1 lb. ground round with one pkg. Taco Seasoning in a skillet until done.  Drain grease.  
Add: 
1 can drained black or kidney beans (I prefer black)
 1 can corn, drained
Mix together gently and heat up again.  (I suppose you don't HAVE to heat this up, but I like to heat anything that comes in a can to make sure that any bacteria is killed.)
Remove from heat and put in a big bowl.
Add:
A few handfuls of crunched up tortilla chips, or Taco Doritos chips
1/2 head of lettuce (I used spinach in the picture below)
2-3 fresh diced tomatoes (You could probably use a can as long as you drain it)
Pour 1/2 bottle of Catalina or French dressing over the salad and gently toss.
Serve.
Note:  Add the lettuce just before serving as it will wilt rather quickly otherwise!
Serves 4-5
Double Recipe for a larger crowd!


No comments:

Post a Comment