Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Save-A-Lot Grand Opening August 31



For my local Springfield, MO. readers....
Did you all get the flier from Save-A-Lot this week?  It had a $5 off you purchase of $20 or more coupon in it!  I've been waiting for this flier and am so excited to visit a new store in Springfield.  I haven't been to a Save-A-Lot, but from what I understand it's like an Aldi, except that they carry several national brands and they accept coupons!  That being said...all Save-A-Lots are privately owned and operated so their coupon policies differ at each location.  I'll make sure to ask a manager once I visit and will post what I find out here on the blog.

A few things to know about the Springfield location:

Grand Opening Wednesday, August 31


Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day

Located at 1117 E. Commercial St.
Don't let the location keep you from going.  I've already read on a few forums that there are some people that will "avoid this area of town like the plague."  So, perhaps it's not the greatest part of town (according to some), but it's really not as bad as some people may think.  I actually grew up a few blocks away from where the location is going to be and my parents still live there today.  I would encourage you to go in the day time and avoid the night time hours, but other than that I really doubt that there will be safety issues beyond what we encounter every day shopping other places around town.  I'm so glad that the city of Springfield teamed up with the Urban Alliance and saw that this area of town is in need of a discount grocery store.  There are several people/families that live in this area that don't own vehicles and this will really help them out making their walking distance shorter when they are shopping.

Payment Options:  
Cash, Personal Checks, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, EBT & WIC


Do they accept Manufacturer coupons?  
Yes!  The policy varies from store to store.  I'll post it as soon as I know what our local store will do.


Do they have store coupons?  
Yes!  Just go HERE to view what they currently have available.


Promotions:  
They occasionally run promotions.  Don't miss signing up for the Smart Shoppers Club to get your $5 off $25 coupon to sweeten the deals you'll already be getting.  Plus, you can get 5 more coupons for each friend that you tell!

Will you be shopping at Save-A-Lot?  Are you excited about it's Grand Opening?  Leave me a comment and let me know your opinion...


1 comment:

  1. I'll be checking this store out even though it's not really in my path of travel. Didn't get the Store Opening Flyer though, :(

    ReplyDelete